CVLS will be partnering with the National Immigrant Justice Center to help unaccompanied minors who are eligible for Special Immigrant Juvenile Status in the US. These cases have been reviewed and screened by the NIJC, and will be CVLS cases for the family law matter only, so volunteers are not committing to represent the client in the underlying immigration matter unless they want to. This training is for volunteers interested in helping a family obtain a predicate order in Domestic Relations for SIJS purposes.
- Case List (April)
- Cook County Predicate Order - Parentage
- Cook County SIJS Custody Petition, Constent, Waiver and Order
- Cook County SIJS Motion to Reconsider
- In re Estate of Nina L.
- Lake County Guardianship Order
- SIJS Path
- UCIS Information for Juvenile Courts
- This seminar is worth 1.50 hours of General MCLE credit.
- To request MCLE credit for viewing this seminar in its entirety fill out this form.
If you have any questions about the content of this seminar, you may contact Jessica Engle at firstname.lastname@example.org.