Saturday, November 11 HANA Center 4300 N California Ave, Chicago, IL 60618
Free street parking available Light lunch to be provided
The Filipino American Lawyers Association of Chicago (FALA Chicago), Alliance of Filipinos for Immigrant Rights and Empowerment (AFIRE), National Federation of Filipino American Associations (NaFFAA), Chicago Volunteer Legal Services (CVLS), and Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Chicago (AAAJC), along with community partners the Filipino Young Leaders Program (FYLPRO) and Pilipino American Unity for Progress (UniPro) present this free event for both lawyers and the general public to learn about immigration issues impacting the Filipino/Filipino American community. This workshop will feature a panel discussion on immigration law followed by role-playing exercises designed to help audience members assert their constitutional rights. In recognition of Veterans Day, we will also address the topic of law and public policy developments with respect to Filipino World War II veterans and their families. Opportunities to meet other attorneys and advocacy groups will be available as well. Lunch to be provided.
- 10:00 Doors Open
- 10:30-10:40 Welcome & Introduction of Sponsoring Orgs, Format of Event
- 10:40-11:30 Panel Discussion
- 10:50 - 11:00 ICE Raids (Nebula)
- 11:30 - Noon Roleplaying / Q&A
- Noon - 1 p.m. Lunch/Networking/Individual Attorney Consultation at Booths
- This seminar is worth 1.5 hours of General MCLE credit.