Back for a repeat session for those who missed the November training on this topic.
Attorneys from the Chicago Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers’ Association (AILA) will train interested attorneys to represent detained immigrants in bond hearings through a new partnership between CVLS, the National Immigrant Justice Center, and the Chicago Chapter of AILA. This is a short-term pro bono opportunity, as attorneys commit to a limited scope representation of the client for the purposes of the bond hearing only. All cases are heard in downtown Chicago. All cases are pre-screened and eligible for an immigration bond. Guidance and mentorship are available during the case. All are welcome—no prior immigration experience required. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Rebekah Rashidfarokhi at (312) 332-7399.
- CVLS Policy and Procedures
- Legal Server Tutorial
- Training Materials Packet
- Volunteer Registration Form
- Protocols for Bond Volunteers
- This seminar is worth 1.25 hours of MCLE credit.
- To request MCLE credit for viewing this seminar in its entirety fill out this form.
- Please Note: This seminar is a repeat of the November 16, 2016 seminar with the same name. If you attended that seminar live or watched the archived recording, you are not eligible to receive CLE credit for this seminar.
If you have any questions about the content of this seminar, you may contact Jessica Engle at firstname.lastname@example.org.